Stanley tumblers have been around for decades, but only recently have they become the go-to hydration sidekick. Discover how to keep your favorite Stanley tumbler clean, as well as tips and tricks for making sure it stays spotless.
How to Clean a Stanley Tumbler
When it comes to cleaning your tumbler – and most hydration essentials, unscented dish soap is the way to go. Avoiding strong, artificial scents in your dish soap is your best option to avoid a lingering aftertaste when you later take a sip.
Things You'll Need
- Unscented dish soap
- A soft brush or sponge
- Pour out any remaining liquid before cleaning.
- Rinse your Stanley under warm water to loosen up any stubborn residues.
- Apply a small amount of unscented dish soap to your soft brush or sponge. Gently scrub the interior and exterior of your tumbler, paying extra attention to corners.
- Rinse your tumbler thoroughly under running water.
- Leave the tumbler upside down on a clean towel to air dry.
Pro Tip: Avoid abrasive materials that might scratch that shiny stainless steel surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put my Stanley tumbler in the dishwasher?
Yes, Stanley tumblers are dishwasher safe. However, for the best results –and to keep that stainless steel sparkle intact– hand washing is always the best bet.
How do I remove smells or odors from my tumbler?
Give it a good scrub with a mixture of baking soda and water. Let it sit for up to 10 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly.
What should I avoid using when cleaning my Stanley tumbler?
Say no to aggressive cleaners and harsh chemicals. Stick to the unscented dish soap routine, and you'll be golden.