When you purchase Puracy products, you’re honoring your commitment to using only the safest, most natural (and hardest-working!) cleaning and personal-care products in your home.
But when you support Puracy, you’re also doing a whole lot more than you realize...
With Puracy, you’re helping with disaster relief
When Hurricane Harvey hit the Gulf Coast in 2017, it rained pretty hard here in Austin, home of Puracy’s headquarters. The storm was intense, but it was nothing like what was happening just 160 miles away in Houston. There, it flooded hundreds of thousands of homes, displaced more than 30,000 people, and killed more than 100.
The Red Cross put out a plea for basic necessities, like hand soap and cleaning supplies, and we realized that this was the perfect chance for Puracy to help. We created a “one for three” promotion, donating three Puracy products to the Red Cross for every one product purchased. With the help of loyal Puracy customers like you, we were able to donate more than $40,000 in Puracy products to hurricane-relief efforts.
With Puracy, you’re also helping nearly 100 other nonprofits
Puracy started out pretty small back in 2013, with a lineup of only four products. In the spirit of giving back, we were pleased to be able to donate a small portion of our profits to a handful of charities during our first year. As the company grew, so did our product line, our loyal customer base, and our name recognition.
With each passing year, we added more local, regional, and national nonprofit organizations to our donation list. By 2019, we had topped the $500,000 mark in total in-kind donations of cleaning and personal-care products. To date, we’ve supported nearly 100 (and counting) different charities, big and small, across the United States. From the Ronald McDonald House ($82,032) to Feed the Children ($12,639), from the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ($1,200) to the Forget-Me-Not Animal Sanctuary ($879), our customers have helped us lend our support to the people and animals in this country who need it the most.
Those organizations are very appreciative to us and to our customers, and when we get a thank-you note from them, we save it, to remind us why we do what we do. Here are just a few of the sweet letters we’ve received over the years.
With Puracy, you’re helping to support the arts
We’re continually working with trusted doctors and chemists to formulate the best cleaning and personal care products possible, so we continue to devote resources to essential research and development. But we also choose to support the cultural arts scene around the country, as well as in Austin, Texas, the beautiful city we call home. We’re proud donors to some of the most influential cultural arts organizations in the city, including…
Ballet Austin, the 12th-largest classical ballet company in the country, has been delighting the community -- and the world -- since 1956. The group’s mission is to “create, nurture, and share the joy of dance” and they do that with professional ballet performances, dance classes and workshops for all ages and abilities, as well as ongoing fitness and Pilates classes. Finley Tracy, the daughter of one of Puracy’s co-founders, has taken classes at Ballet Austin for years, so it’s pretty near and dear to our hearts. Along the way, we’ve donated thousands of dollars of natural cleaning products to help support their cause.
Get the best tips from the cleaning obsessed.
Puracy crafts cleaning & care items that work really well. Our obsession with natural cleaning performance is our profession, and we're here to share it with you.
The Long Center for the Performing Arts is a collection of venues and event spaces in downtown Austin, including a concert hall, a theatre, and an outdoor concert space. The modern, sprawling complex is the home of cultural institutions like Austin Opera, Austin Shakespeare, and the Austin Symphony Orchestra, and it hosts the popular Austin Film Festival each fall. We just began supporting The Long Center in mid-2019 and we’ve already donated more than $15,000 in Puracy products in support of their mission.
With Puracy, you’re helping to support hardworking artists
The hand-drawn artwork on Puracy labels is beautiful in its natural simplicity -- just like the ingredients inside the bottles.
Katie Ramsey is an Austin-based artist and graphic designer who painstakingly creates every unique label illustration used on Puracy products. Because each Puracy product serves a specific need for consumers, Katie says her goal is to convey that purpose with just one glance at the label. She also wants the image to help identify the scent of the product, if there is one, and she works hard to incorporate the special aspects every product has to offer in her artwork.
“For example,” Katie explains, “take the Puracy Natural Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo, which has a fresh citrus scent. It’s a simplistic design, showing an easily identifiable carpet cleaner and a citrus leaf, all in one.” The Organic Baby Lotion is another great example. Katie drew an adorable baby giraffe, which has been a mainstay amongst baby toys for generations, then tied in the product’s lavender and grapefruit scent by using just the right colors and subtly replacing the giraffe’s ears with citrus wedges.
“As an artist, I’m thrilled that supporting the arts is important to Puracy. In fact, I appreciate the fact that it’s so important to the company that it’s mentioned on every bottle!”
With Puracy, you’re helping to save the Earth
At Puracy, we’ve put a lot of time and research into developing non-toxic formulas that are safe for children, pets, and the environment. Because they’re made from plant-based ingredients, they don’t have any harsh chemicals that can end up in lakes and rivers, harming the plants and animals that live there. Here are a few other ways Puracy products are kind to the Earth:
- Many of our products are hyper-concentrated, which means less packaging waste. Our award-winning Puracy Natural Laundry Detergent, for example, boasts an industry-leading 10X concentrated formula -- you can wash 96 loads of laundry with just one 24-ounce bottle. To this day, it remains the most concentrated liquid laundry detergent sold in the United States. This greatly reduces plastic, water, and the overall carbon footprint associated with each bottle (we cringe when we think of how much energy our competitors waste each year transporting bottles of diluted, water-filled laundry detergent across the country).
- Our popular Puracy Natural Multi-Surface Cleaner is also available as a 16-oz concentrate. It comes in a smaller bottle than the ready-to-spray 25-oz, yet it makes a full gallon of cleaning solution. Simply mix it with water at home to help save even more plastic waste.
- All of our bottles, caps, pumps, and sprayers are made from safe, non-toxic polyethylene terephthalate, or PET(E), the most widely recycled plastic in the world; you can tell by the #1 on the recycling logo.
- All of our bottles are reusable; just give them a good hand-washing with Puracy Natural Dish Soap, then load them up again using our eco-friendly refill pouches.
- Our 64-ounce refill pouches -- available for many Puracy products like our Dish Soap, Stain Remover, Body Wash, and Shampoo -- are the largest refills in the industry, saving even more on unnecessary packaging waste. In fact, if you purchase a refill pouch instead of a new bottle, you’re saving more than 90% in plastic, water, and energy consumption. We began offering refill pouches in 2016, and since that time we’ve saved more than 200 tons of plastic from entering our already overflowing landfills.
On behalf of our entire staff here at Puracy, we’d like to thank you for helping to support our important mission of creating healthier families, a caring community, and a cleaner environment.