The secret to making bathroom cleaning a breeze? A checklist! Whether you’re doing a daily, weekly, or monthly cleaning, we’ve got you covered with extensive lists to keep you organized and on schedule, as well as handy tips to keep your bathroom tidy and well-stocked all year long.
Use these lists to keep your bathroom clean on a daily basis, making the need for a deep clean less overwhelming and stressful.
Daily Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Organize and declutter counter space
- Hang up towels
- Wipe down counters and sink area
- Wipe down and dry shower walls and doors
Pro tip: If your kids have bath toys, make sure they're thoroughly dried after each use to prevent mold or mildew growth.
Weekly Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Clean and disinfect sink and counters
- Clean sink and shower drains
- Disinfect the toilet
- Sanitize the sink
- Clean shower or tub
- Vacuum rugs and mop floors
- Wash towels, including hand towels
- Wipe down light switches and handles
- Empty trash can
- Replenish toilet paper, hand soap, and other supplies
Pro tip: During cold and flu season, surfaces such as toilets, light switches, and door handles should be cleaned daily.
Monthly Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Thoroughly scrub the shower and tub
- Clean tile grout
- Clean the mirrors
- Wash rugs and shower mats
- Wash or replace shower curtain and liner
- Clean baseboards, light fixtures, and windows
- Organize drawers and medicine cabinet
- Check for leaks or mold/mildew growth
- Unclog and clean air vents
Pro tip: When checking for leaks, pay careful attention to the toilet, the #1 cause of household leaks.
Bathroom Cleaning Supplies Checklist
Be sure to stock up on all the supplies and accessories necessary for keeping your bathroom tidy and well-stocked.
- All-Purpose Surface Cleaner
- Stain Remover
- Disinfecting Spray
- Hand Soap
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Toilet Brush
- Refillable Glass Bottles
- Microfiber Towels
- Broom and Dustpan
- Mop and Bucket
Pro Tip: Having a monthly subscription for all your favorite cleaners will ensure you’re never running low, plus you can be eco-friendly by using refill pouches to cut back on plastic waste.
Tips for Sticking to a Manageable Bathroom Cleaning Schedule
Sticking to a checklist is the easiest way to prioritize cleaning tasks, but here are even more tips to keep bathrooms in even the busiest households neat and organized.
- Use Apps to Send You Reminders
- Vinegar Soak for Shower Heads
If you notice that your showerhead is caked with lime deposits and hard water stains, let it soak in diluted white vinegar to easily clean it and return it to its original shine.
- Squeegee Shower Doors Frequently
Keep a squeegee in your shower to make wiping down your shower door easy. This will stop soap scum from proliferating and keep shower doors streak-free.
- Make Trash Day Easier
Line your bathroom trash cans with multiple trash bags. That way, you don't need to reline the can each time you empty the trash.
- Save Your Old Toothbrushes
One of the handiest cleaning accessories? An old toothbrush! The soft bristles are great for getting into hard-to-reach spots and gently scrubbing away stains.
Get a Spotless Bathroom Using Natural, Plant-Powered Cleaners
Next time you’re cleaning your bathroom, make sure you’re using products that feature safe, effective formulas that won’t irritate the most sensitive skin. After all, bathrooms are some of the dirtiest places in our homes – they need cleaners that can handle anything without the use of harsh chemicals or ingredients. From our Natural Disinfecting Surface Cleaner to our Natural Foaming Hand Soap, Puracy makes bathroom cleaners and personal care essentials that are effective on mess and gentle on skin.