When it comes to cleaning your kitchen, you can make the task less overwhelming with an extensive checklist. Having different checklists for daily, weekly, weekly, and quarterly duties will also help break up the chore into a manageable schedule. Here are different checklists to keep your next deep clean of your kitchen a breeze.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Before you start, be sure you have all the cleaning essentials on hand. These items will be used for each cleaning, whether you’re doing daily or monthly tasks.
- Old Toothbrush
- Scrub brushes
- Microfiber towels
- Microfiber mop
- Microfiber duster
- Natural Everyday Surface Cleaner
- Natural Stain Remover
- Disinfecting Surface Cleaner
Pro tip: Sink sponges are known to harbor germs and bacteria, so be sure to change them at least weekly.
Daily Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
These quick cleaning tasks are usually less extensive but help keep this room tidy after a day of cooking and meal preparation.
- Spray and wipe down countertops and vent hood
- Wipe spills and any appliances and door handles
- Sweep the floor
- Scrub the sink with disinfecting cleaner
- Load and unload dishwasher
- Take care of any dishes that need hand washing
- Tidy up and remove any clutter
- Take out the trash and recycling as needed
- Replace cleaning rag or dish towel
Pro tip: Regularly disinfecting high-touch areas such as light switches and doorknobs is especially important during cold and flu season.
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
These weekly tasks will make your monthly deep cleaning load a little lighter, as well as keep your household running smoothly and cleanly.
- Mop the floor
- Clean appliances such as toaster and coffee maker
- Wipe down the refrigerator and its interior
- Clean the inside of the microwave
- Throw out leftovers and expired food
- Disinfect the sink, including faucet handles
- Wipe down cabinets, including handles
- Throw away or sanitize sponges
- Replenish cleaning supplies
- Run the self-cleaning setting on oven
Pro Tip: Regularly check that your refrigerator is set to 40°F or below and your freezer to 0°F or below to avoid food poisoning or contamination.
Monthly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Thanks to your daily and weekly cleaning chores, your monthly deep clean of the kitchen shouldn’t be too overwhelming. These monthly tasks will ensure this room stays spotless easily.
- Disinfect cabinet doors and cabinets
- Clean the refrigerator
- Clean any tile grout around sink
- Declutter any drawers and cabinets
- Dust the tops of cabinets, refrigerator, and light fixtures
- Launder rugs or carpets
- Clean windows
- Clean your dishwasher, especially the filter
- Take inventory of pantry and freezer
- Clean the garbage can
Quarterly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
As the seasons change, you’ll also have specific tasks to address in each room of your house, especially in the room centered around meal prep and eating.
- Unplug refrigerator and clean coils
- Clean under the refrigerator
- Clean the oven
- Rinse our drawers and dividers
- Take inventory of spice rack
- Sort cooking tools and declutter
- Replace any pest traps
- Wash walls and ceiling to remove grease or steam buildup
Pro tip: When it comes to washing items to come into regular contact with food, wash them with hot water at a temperature of around 140°F.
How to Stick to a Kitchen Cleaning Schedule
Having regular checklists will help you adhere to a regular cleaning schedule for your kitchen. Since this room sees plenty of daily activity, it will be important to have a strict schedule when it comes to disinfecting appliances and high-touch areas, as well as making sure everything you need to prepare meals and clean cooking ware is in working order.
Be sure to also keep all your cleaning supplies and accessories in stock for when you need them. Having a regular subscription to all your cleaning essentials and refills makes sure you’re never missing anything when you embark on your daily or weekly cleaning tasks.
Keep Your Kitchen Spotless Naturally with Puracy
When it comes to keeping your kitchen clean, we’ve you covered with natural, plant-powered formulas, including our Natural Dish Soap, Disinfecting Surface Cleaner, Everyday Surface Cleaner, and more. Since this room is the center of meal prep and family meals, you’ll want to choose cleaners that are effective and safe for every member of your family
With our dedication to natural ingredients and eco-friendly formulas, you’ll never have to worry about keeping this room clean and safe for your entire family.